St Quentin’s Church
Located at one end of the Grand-Place, its origin is undoubtedly related to the vast Gallo-Roman cemetery that extended over the site of the Grand-Place and a neighbouring district. Its nave dates from the end of the 12th century. Two round chapels, one of which houses the tomb of Jacques Castaigne (1327), have been placed in the corners formed by the nave and the transept. The transept and the choir, with their vaulted ogives, belong to the transition period between the Romance and the Gothic. The central tower also dates from the 13th century and its interior is decorated with a double triforium. The choir, closed by a 17th-century marble wall, was surrounded by a deambulatory and by several chapels in 1464.